Saturday 21 January 2012

Poster Design Ideas By Holly King

Poster Design Idea:

This is a poster design I have created using images from the photo shoot I took and Text from 'http://dafont.com'. I designed this poster on adobe photoshop.

  • I chose to stick with the idea of the pink and green background-as this is used in the film (the location of the film-her bedroom)-where all of her time is spent.
  • The coloursplit of the background can also symbolise her disconnection with reality and confusion between reality and fantasy.
  • I decided to stick with the idea of handwritten/doodle text-as doodling is also something often linked with boredom-it also can show the innocence of the girl.
  • I used a 'stamp' effect on the image of the girl-this was initially to look like a drawing/look surreal, however i feel it looks too dark and does not portray the type of film we have made.
  • The simplicity of the poster is significant, as it shows the simplicity of her and also the emptiness around her/her isolation and disconnection from the world.
  • I used white text, so that it would stand out from the background.
  • I feel this design does not portray our film style correctly and is also too dark-i will create a new design, with a more colourful mood. I may also try to include the different props (such as the slinky and wind up teeth.
  • I used central allignment in this design-i think this is effective-especially because of the split colours of the background being central.

1 comment:

  1. OK - is this instead of the design with the false teeth? I wonder whether this conveys enough about the film story? We need to see some justification for this - do you think this conveys the right sort of information about character? Perhaps test this on facebook or similar? Make sure research is with target audience though, and take comments seriously.

    ReplyDelete